Yun Hai Shop is Hiring
Yun Hai Taiwanese Pantry is opening its first in-person store in East Williamsburg right off the L Montrose Stop.
The store will feature a collection of products fit for a Taiwanese pantry, including items from Yun Hai’s website, a curated selection of premium and everyday ingredients for Taiwanese and Chinese cooking, and a collection of our favorite Asian-American brands.
We are hiring for both Store Associates and Store Manager to help with the day-to-day store operations.
The shop will be open 3 days a week from Friday to Sunday, with potential for more days in the future. The ideal candidate is interested or knowledgeable about Taiwanese food, passionate about customer service, and clean and organized. We are looking for people who will truly take ownership of the store and make it their own.
Responsibilities for both positions include:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all the products in the store
- Assist customers in understanding their shopping needs and identifying thoughtful product suggestions
- Setup and conduct product sampling
- Help customers check out using a POS system
- Keeping the shelves stocked and tidy for display
- Arranging products based on a planogram
- Moving and shifting products between storage, back of house, and front of house
- Inventory duties
- Conduct regular inventory counts
- Receiving and inspecting product deliveries (may require using a handtruck and the lifting of >20 lb boxes)
- Store maintenance
- Store opening & closing, such as locking up and closing up roll gates
- Keeping the shelves, windows, floors, counters, and all surfaces clean and functional
- Be the point of contact for repairs and maintenance needs
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities
- Helping out with occasional store events
Additional Responsibilities for Store Manager:
- With assistance from shop owners, prepare regular reports on product sales
- Schedule and coordinate shifts across staff availability and opening hours
- Be the main point person for store events and special pop-ups
- Monitor inventory levels and manage vendor reordering
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in inventory and cash receipts
- Actively review store sales and collect customer feedback
- Provide recommendations to improve the store’s product assortment, merchandising, and operations
- Maintain positive relationship with the neighborhood
- Availability to work shifts from Friday-Sunday
- Ability to lift 20+ lb boxes (a handtruck is provided)
- Passion and interest in Taiwanese cooking
- An eye for cleanliness and organization
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Customer-facing experience in retail, food service, or customer service
- Familiarity and comfort with numbers, for managing inventory, reordering from vendors, resolving customer payment issues
To apply, send your resume and a note on why you’re interested in the role to email@example.com.