A Bon Appetit-Worthy New Year Spread
For Bon Appetit's Fall 2019 issue, Yun Hai founder and CEO Lisa Cheng Smith shared nine Lunar New Year recipes, featuring flavors from her childhood.
An excerpt from her reflection:
"Lunar New Year menus are traditionally defined by the symbolism—long noodles for long life, a whole chicken for togetherness. I don’t stick to that. I make what I want to eat. Whether stir-frying veggies or folding dumplings, Lunar New Year... is just a great reason to throw a killer dinner party."
Read the full article here.
Find all the recipes below:
- Mala Fried Peanuts: a sweet, salty, and mouth-numbing snack that you won't be able to stop reaching for
- Wood Ear and Cilantro Salad: chewy, bouncy wood ear mushrooms are a delight to eat —the crevices are perfect for capturing sauce
- Shredded Daikon Salad: a refreshing and light dish to complement the heavier flavors on the table
- Soy-Braised Chicken Wings: a sweet and savory chicken wing that uses dark soy sauce for umami
- Pork Wontons with Sesame Sauce: these fluffy wontons get dressed in an aromatic sesame sauce
- Scallion Oil Noodles: deep, toasted scallion flavor coats every long noodle in this dish