Tatung Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer (11-Cup Stainless Steel), Green
大同11人份不鏽鋼電鍋 - 綠色
This green 11-cup Tatung Steamer is available in the US exclusively through Yun Hai, an official Tatung distributor.
This is the largest size that we sell, with plenty of elbow room for heavy duty kitchen tasks, like steaming a whole fish, braising a whole chicken, making bone broth, or simply making that party sized batch of rice you always wanted. It can cook up to 11 cups of rice, which will feed your book club (unless you have some kind of really popular book club). It does everything the 6-cup can do, but on a larger scale.
Yun Hai has partnered with Tatung Company to bring the original pea green and vermillion red colors to the US, invoking fond memories of many a happy childhood meal.
Taiwan and its Steam CookerThe Tatung Electric Rice Cooker and Steamer is an essential Taiwanese appliance that has been in production for over 60 years. It is beloved for its simplicity, versatility, and durability. Though known primarily as a rice cooker, it's actually a double boiler and steamer. Use it to gently cook braises and stews, steam breads and buns, and reheat leftovers. A simple and flexible cooker with many applications, the Tatung Rice Cooker and Steamer is an icon of classic Taiwanese design and daily life.
Read more about the history of this appliance in this installment of our newsletter: Taiwan and its Steam Cooker.
What’s In the Box
Each rice cooker comes with:
- the stainless steel appliance (aka the outer pot)
- a stainless steel inner pot
- a stainless steel inner pot lid, for keeping contents warm after cooking
- a measuring cup (aka rice cup), which holds 180 ml (different than a US cup measure)
- a steaming insert, for elevating anything you want to steam above the level of the water
- a rice spatula, perfectly sized
- the original Tatung manual
- a free digital download of the Yun Hai Tatung Family Cookbook
BundlesEach purchase includes a digital download of our cookbook, which will be emailed after checkout. Additionally, we are offering several accessory bundles to best suit your kitchen. We strongly recommend either the Steamer Tongs or the Bowl Clip for a better steaming experience. They provide an easy way to remove hot dishes from the steamer.
- Rice Cooker Only
- Rice Cooker with Cookbook
- Basic Set: Rice Cooker with Cookbook and Steamer Tongs
- Full Set: Rice Cooker with Cookbook, Steamer Tongs, Bowl Clip, and Upper Pot
FAQQ: How is this different from the 6-cup steamer?
A: It’s a larger size that has the same functionality, but fits more. For example, instead of steaming a fillet of fish, you can steam a whole fish. It’s a great size for a mid- to large-sized household or even an individual who loves to host and cook for parties.
Specifications and DimensionsModel No. TAC-11KN-G
Voltage: 120V 60Hz
12.3" L x 12.3" W x 11.7" H
31.1 cm x 31.1cm x 29.6 cm
13.8” L x 11.8” W x 10.3” H
34.9 cm x 29.9 cm x 26 cm