To celebrate two years of our Taiwanese Dried Fruit collection, we’ve collaborated with our friends O.OO to produce a special edition box set, inspired by the traditional colorful produce boxes seen in wet markets, on farm trucks, and on the backs of bicycles throughout Taiwan.
Bright typography, color-blocked fruit illustrations, and even mini ventilation holes on the sides channel that old-school Taiwan feeling. The box has a hinged, tuck-flap opening and would make a great place to store personal treasures and knick-knacks of all kinds (leftover NTD, Taiwan Easycards with remaining balances, too-much washi tape, etc). We highly encourage reusing it, but it’s also 100% recyclable.
Each box set includes one bag of each of our Taiwanese dried fruits: Golden Diamond Pineapple, Irwin Mango, Wax Apple, Green Mango, and Pearl Guava.
The bottom of the box is printed with a short letter that tells the story of our dried fruit brand.
More About Our Dried Fruit
This product is part of a line of dried fruit that we created via crowdfunding on Kickstarter
to support Taiwanese farmers that are vulnerable to trade volatility between Taiwan and China. We started this project in March of 2021, when China banned imports of Taiwan pineapples nearly overnight, wiping out 90% of Taiwan's export market and leaving farmers scrambling to find buyers. Wax Apples were banned as recently as September 2021. We work directly with farmers and farmer-owned co-ops to source, purchase, and package the fruit, with the intent to ease at least some of the dependency on trade with China.
- After harvest, the fruit is washed, pared and cut. Our fruit is sliced thick, not chopped into pieces. This creates the most natural product, reducing surface area and keeping as many flavors, nutrients, and juices inside as possible.
- Then the fruit is brought immediately to local drying facilities, where they can control the application of heat. Keeping the temperature low preserves the most texture and flavor.
How our Taiwanese dried fruit is different:
- We source from independent farmers and coops in famed growing regions. We know which harvest each batch of dried fruit is coming from.
- Our fruit is sugar free (except for green mango and guava, which require some added sugar in order to be properly preserved) and contains no additives, sulfur, colorants or preservatives. Pure fruit.
- Did we mention the taste? The aromas and flavors immediately create a sense of nostalgia for Taiwan.
Tasting Notes and Usage
Dried Golden Diamond Pineapple: tart, sweet, aromatic
Dried Irwin Mango: deeply sweet and warm
Dried Wax Apple: like chewy, herbaceous apple
Dried Green Mango: nature’s sour gummy
Dried Pearl Guava: floral, spring notes
Ingredients and Instructions
Dried Golden Diamond Pineapple: golden diamond pineapples
Dried Irwin Mango: Irwin mangoes
Dried Wax Apple: wax apples
Dried Green Mango: green mangoes, sugar, salt
Dried Pearl Guava: pearl guavas, sugar, salt
No artificial additives, no preservatives.
Expect variation in size and color of the fruit pieces in each bag.
Processed in a facility that handles mangoes.
Best by printed date.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Specifications and DimensionsDimensions:
10.9" L x 8.8" W x 4" HWeight:
approx. 19.9 oz / 565 g
These boxes are designed to fit within our standard shippable mailer; send direct and customize your own gift note too.