Free ship at $100+. We're moving! Please expect additional processing time.
Sour Plum Margarita
Sour, sweet, and salty are the primary flavors of a classic margarita, but throw plum powder into the mix and make it Taiwan, where sour plum drink 酸梅湯 is a quintessential beverage to quench thirst and cool (calm?) down. This recipe replaces the traditional margarita salt rim with plum powder (which is salty) and MSG, for a big kick of old-fashioned 古早味 nostalgia.
Sour Plum Margarita by Jolyn Yao, Callan Berry, and Michael Christensen
makes one drink
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz agave syrup (or sub simple syrup)
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 scoops sour plum powder
- Plum powder + MSG (or salt) for rim
- Shake first 4 ingredients with ice
- Pour into glass
- Mix 2 parts plum powder with 1 part MSG (or salt) and rim the glass
- Garnish with a lime slice and some sour plum powder sprinkled on top
Recipe by: Jolyn Yao, Callan Berry, and Michael Christensen
Styling by: Off Hour Studio